Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time For a New Boot

On September, 26th 2006 (wow ... almost exactly 6 years ago???) I wrote my second ever blog post. It is probably obvious from the post that I was pretty proud of the fact that I was able to wear out a pair of boots (even though it took about 10 years) ... it is also obvious that I didn't have a lot to write about! In case you are wondering I ended up trying a pair of Georgia Boots (they didn't workout) and ended up with a pair of Wolverine Boots (they were great). Now I've moved on to Red Wing Boots because I was able to get a great discount when I was working at the farm store.

But, just yesterday I purchased new boots ... errr ... a new boot. As you can see in the picture this is probably the most expensive boot I've ever purchased, but I'm very thankful to have a "boot" again on my right foot. I even get to wear a sock!!!

Honestly though, even though it is very very very painful to walk I am walking again and hopefully I can get to farming again. I realize not everyone has known about my wonderful achilles tendon tear, but I'm thankful for all that have been supporting through help and prayers. I still have a long ways to go and it's not like I can do much, but at least this is a literal "step in the right direction".

No comments:

Post a Comment